Competition Rules: The Caterpillar Poetry Prize 2024
- Closing date for receipt of
entries is 31 March
- The name of the author must not appear on the same page
as the poem.
- Its not a requirement, but we
strongly advise you to purchase a copy of The Caterpillar.
- Entries must be in English,
typed, with each entry on a new sheet.
- Entries will not be
returned, so make sure you keep a copy.
- No corrections can be made after
receipt, or fees refunded.
- The Prize is open to anyone over the age of 16.
- Entries must be entirely the
work of the entrant and must never have been published, self-published,
published online or broadcast.
- You can enter as as many poems
as you like.
- There is no line limit.
- Entry fee is 15 per poem
- Online payment should be made
to firstname.lastname@example.org via PayPal through our online payment system.
- Cheques and postal orders
should be made payable to The Moth Magazine Ltd., with the sender's name
and address on the back.
- We can only accept postal orders from Ireland.
- Postal entries can also be paid
in cash (either in US dollars, Sterling or Euros at the current exchange rate).
Receipt of entry
- Enclose a stamped addressed
postcard marked 'ACKNOWLEDGEMENT' if you require acknowledgement of receipt of your postal entry (include international reply coupon if entering from overseas).
- Online entries are confirmed by
the email receipt of your payment to PayPal.
- Worldwide copyright of each
entry remains with the author, but The Caterpillar will have
the unrestricted right to publish the winning poems on the Irish Times online and any relevant promotional material.
- All entrants to the competition, including those who have not been successful, will be notified by email by 30 April 2024.
- The winner will be announced in June.
- The judge is Joseph Coelho. His decision is final
and no individual correspondence can be entered into.
- 1st prize 1,000 plus a week at Circle of Misse, 2nd prize 500, 3rd prize 250. Some poems may be commended, at judge's discretion.
Entry implies acceptance of all the
rules. Failure to comply with the entry requirements will result in disqualification.
Print ENTRY FORM
, fill in
and then post with fee and entry to:
The Caterpillar Poetry Prize
c/o The Moth